Can't get kodi to start preshowexperience

Question

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this great plugin, Matt !

I am unable to get PSE getting triggered to start the sequence when I start any movies.

I think, I'm doing something really stupid / doing a silly miss.

I installed PSE following the guide without any issues.

Configuring settings was a breeze, sequence editor is really useful. Sequences play as expected too ( in the sequence editor).

Unfortunately, whenever I play a movie, I don't see PSE getting triggered.

More info:

kodi version: 20.2.0 on ubuntu jammy.

pse version: 0.3.0

image.thumb.png.dd65d39b15734f81df4d873932f761a6.png

Example from sequence editor:

image.thumb.png.7e43f376e0b8febffc88ca26a415a451.png

However, when I play the movies, PSE doesn't get triggered / invoked.

Attaching kodi.log  , if it can be useful to troubleshoot this.

Thanks again!

~ Ani

kodi.log

17 answers to this question

• Administrator

Hey @ani.

Make sure that you've restarted Kodi after installing PreShow.

There are 2 ways to launch PreShow.  The 1st is to open the context menu and select PreShow Experience. 

context.png

The 2nd is to install a skin that has PreShow in it.

Estuary.jpg

I don't keep track of all of the skins that work with PreShow, but here are a few that have been modified:

https://preshowexperience.com/files/category/7-skins/

Let me know if you have issues after trying these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's exactly what I'm looking for for the Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded skin. Could you also try installing one of your skins over mine and see if it's included? or would that not work. So my skin is preserved and your skin is included.

• PreShow Supporter
21 hours ago, acid303 said:

That's exactly what I'm looking for for the Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded skin. Could you also try installing one of your skins over mine and see if it's included? or would that not work. So my skin is preserved and your skin is included.

I have Arctic Zephyr Reloaded installed on Kodi 21 and PreShow Experience shows in the context menu.

8 hours ago, MidnightWatcher said:

I have Arctic Zephyr Reloaded installed on Kodi 21 and PreShow Experience shows in the context menu.

me too. I think it's included in the information. see picture 2 from matt above

@MidnightWatcher @acid303 is one of you using a shield? I also use Zephyr reloaded, but I couldnt get it working with Kodi 21 on my Shield. But none of the skins worked with Kodi 21, there was always some kind of error during installation. So I had to downgrade Kodi again and all my settings for the skin were deleted...

4 hours ago, marius said:

@MidnightWatcher @acid303 is one of you using a shield? I also use Zephyr reloaded, but I couldnt get it working with Kodi 21 on my Shield. But none of the skins worked with Kodi 21, there was always some kind of error during installation. So I had to downgrade Kodi again and all my settings for the skin were deleted...

nein ich nutze ein pi4

• PreShow Supporter
On 7/2/2024 at 1:38 AM, marius said:

I'm using an HTPC with Windows 10.

On 7/5/2024 at 3:21 AM, Cineaste said:

The skin was updated a couple of days ago with official support for PSE:

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arctic.zephyr.mod/commit/42844fc6e6434d6486747765232ad170552f2aa8

It works perfectly on Kodi 21.

Btw, do you know if my settings will be saved if I update from the modded version to the new one? Because last time I updated to Kodi 21, all my skin settings were deleted and it took hours to customize it again... my plan is to firstly update the skin and afterwards the Kodi version because otherwise the old skin is not compatible with the new Kodi version and will get deleted, I think.

22 hours ago, marius said:

Thats good news! Thank you for letting me know,, I will give it a try as soon as I get a chance

Remember to enable PSE in the settings menu of the movie information screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.2279f18142020ef2d3f93ee53ca5d80c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c2bd16116a2a842a91cf543ed0880cae.jpeg

As for migrating from your existing installation, you can back up the userdata folder which contains all of your skin settings.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cineaste said:

Remember to enable PSE in the settings menu of the movie information screen:

That would have been my next question, thanks a lot!

I made a backup, but the migration also worked without a problem or loss of settings.

And finally the DialogBusycircle disappeared with the updated skin! Thank you for your help, people!

• Administrator

@mariusGlad that you got the skin working for you.

As a recommendation for everyone, if you have an addon/skin that you rely on, don't update to new versions of Kodi on your main system until you've seen that the addon/skin is compatible with it.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2024 at 2:01 AM, Cineaste said:

I just lost the contextual menu PreShow option on all skins and the info button on the PreShow version of Estuary for Kodi 21. 

I found this thread after desperately trying to get it back. Question: Does "Cinema Experience" = "PreShow"? 

Edited by tacticalhipster
I did a full reinstall of everything. Its working again.