Skins for PreShow Experience

2 hours ago, Reelyator said:

Rapier ist still the most flexible skin imho!

But this might be a stupid question: Why do we need a PSE-Modified skin at all? CV could simply be started from the context menue of any skin...

It's not just that, it's the loading and buffering dialogs etc during the sequence--the skin's xml files need to be modified to suppress those messages while the addon is running to make things look like they flow more smoothly

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SFP_Matt said:

It's not just that, it's the loading and buffering dialogs etc during the sequence--the skin's xml files need to be modified to suppress those messages while the addon is running to make things look like they flow more smoothly

...thank you for clarification Matt! I was not aware!

So what will happen, when i install the PSE Add-on through the "unknown sources" path, using the zip file with "non-optimised" skin like Rapier?

You'd be fine, I'd imagine...you'll just see those annoying buffering graphics and text.  You can make modifications yourself to the skin files if you have access to them to block those messages from appearing.  Check out this thread--I grabbed the old CV documentation for skin modification and it works for me, as long as use use the pse script name instead of CV's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 12:35 PM, vonson said:

What precisely are the changes to the skin? I ask because I have my own modified version of estuary and don't want to lose my customizations. So I'd prefer to include these changes into my modified version...

the changes are in several files
if the skin supported cinemavision it's easier. just find all instances of cinemavision and change it to preshowexperience

then for an added functionality, where ever focus is being set on the button in DialogVideoInfo, change it to the PSE button id. 

I'm looking at it now

UPDATE***

in DialogVideoInfo - change this

<defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol>

to this

<defaultcontrol always="true">441</defaultcontrol>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<include content="InfoDialogButton">
                        <param name="id" value="441" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/infodialogs/cinema.png" />
                        <param name="onclick_1" value="Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)" />
                        <param name="onclick_2" value="RunScript(script.cinemavision,experience)" />
                        <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[31003]" />
                        <param name="visible" value="System.AddonIsEnabled(script.cinemavision) + [String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)]" />
                    </include>

to this

<include content="InfoDialogButton">
						<param name="id" value="441" />
						<param name="icon" value="icons/infodialogs/cinema.png" />   //change this to use a custom png
						<param name="onclick_1" value="Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)" />
						<param name="onclick_2" value="RunScript(script.preshowexperience)" />
						<param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[31003]" /> 
						<param name="visible" value="System.AddonIsEnabled(script.preshowexperience) + [String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)]" />
					</include>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the DialogBusy.xml

change this 

<visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible>

to this

<visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.preshowexperience.running))</visible>

---------------------------------------

Lastly change all occurrences of "Cinema Mode" to "PreShow Experience" in the language files.  having an IDE (Intellij) definitely helped on this one...
you really only need to do the one for your language, but i did all of them...

Edited by garzilla

12 minutes ago, Reelyator said:

Nice!

Thank you @garzilla!!

Question: Is the modification of the Context Menue the only Modification for Rapier in this version? Or does it also include the Modification to skip the usual "busy" or "loading" messages between the individual clips of the PSE Playlist?

That is also in this

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...