Nvidia Shield - PreShow Editor

Question

Just to highlight that the PreShow editor isn't accessible on the Nvidia Shield.  It launches but non of the buttons turn blue regardless of which direction you push the controller.  Same distribution works fine on Windows, so must be a shield / kodi issue?

17 answers to this question

• PreShow Supporter
5 hours ago, Stovies said:

Just to highlight that the PreShow editor isn't accessible on the Nvidia Shield.  It launches but non of the buttons turn blue regardless of which direction you push the controller.  Same distribution works fine on Windows, so must be a shield / kodi issue?

I believe @garzilla uses the Shield?

Edited by MidnightWatcher
  • Like 1

• Administrator

That's the same setup that I have.  I just tested it again and didn't see anything out of place.

Can you confirm that you've restarted Kodi after installing PSE?  I've seen Kodi not read a skin variable on an initial install, but that gets resolved after a restart.

So, just to be certain, I've deleted and then re-installed Kodi and PreShow.  Reset the system a couple of times and still not getting a blue box to navigate the editor.  Picture attached.  I'm wondering if it has to do with the folder names in my PreShow folder?  I simply copied over the structure from my Cinemavision folder.  Could this be the problem?

Kodi PreShow.jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 3:57 AM, Stovies said:

mine is working on one shield. i'll set up the second one in a bit - we don't use PSE on that TV, but i'll set it up. one is older than the other. i forget which is which though...

• Administrator

@Stovies I have sort of been able to create the screen you are seeing.  It is unable to load the defaults.  The only difference is that when that happens to me there is a popup that asks to create a new or load the defaults. 

Please go into the PSE settings and pick a different folder for the content, click "update content" and then click "ok."  Don't put any content into those folders yet; just go to the sequence editor and see if you have the same results.

That should at least narrow it down to whether it is an issue the content or not.

• Like 1