What program do you use to create your .nfo files?

I use tinyMediaManager and they just released that last update for the free version 3.  I like tMM because it's basically an all in one program that wraps up my movies in a nice package.  It creates the .nfo files, downloads the artwork and links to trailers, etc.  What does everybody else use?

https://www.tinymediamanager.org/

To get the latest free version of 3.1.18 you'll need to go to the release archive under downloads or I could also upload them here for posterity if there's any interest and if it's allowed.

Edited by OTA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MidnightWatcher said:

Do either one of these also download a preferred poster and fanart for each title and save it to the movie's folder? I like to only use actual movie posters with titles, tag lines, actor names, etc.

Yes media companion allows you to pull posters and art from all the sources imdb,  tmdb, fanart.tv ect does it all automatically but can easily change with a push of a button even pick resolution case you want higher quality or save some space.  and that's for all you art to,  I don't know if your skin uses  it but all the clear art ,logos , thumbs,  banners ect . ect.. and yes it pulls all the actors names and thumbs,  tag lines , plot , ratings from all the  critics and everything else.. 👌 it's a little overwhelming with all it can do at first but it's straight forward and easy to work with .. will do tv of course also and music videos and home movies .. I'm not trying to push you on anything but It free after all but it would take me hours to go over everything it does .. ( even does file renaming if you want) don't think you can go wrong with it .. but like I said it can be overwhelming with all the features....

( sorry for the bad grammar half asleep 😅)

Edited by NightWatcherTheater
Grammar
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MidnightWatcher said:

Do either one of these also download a preferred poster and fanart for each title and save it to the movie's folder? I like to only use actual movie posters with titles, tag lines, actor names, etc.

Link to docs as I'm sure they are more clear than I could be.  https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/movies/settings#artwork

• Thanks 1

• PreShow Supporter
On 2/26/2023 at 4:10 PM, OTA said:

Link to docs as I'm sure they are more clear than I could be.  https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/movies/settings#artwork

Question for @OTA and @NightWatcherTheater. After scraping all movies in my library to store the nfo and fanart in the movie's directory I then downloaded a custom movie poster for a few titles (didn't like any of the options available in TMM). Once completed,  I went to Kodi and scraped all movies using local info only. Most titles displayed everything correctly -- posters, fanart, clearlogo -- but Kodi did not display some of the custom movie posters that I downloaded and told TMM to use. The filenames for the posters are perfectly fine in the movie folder's directory (movie_name-poster.jpg) and I can manually select the custom poster after browsing to the Item Folder. Have you come across this issue? (Note: This only seems to be affecting Kodi installed on my Firestick 4K, not my nVidia Shield Pro).

Figured it out: The Firestick is accessing my media server via FTP (faster) whereas the ethernet-connected nVidia Shield Pro is using the SMB server. This is an odd bug, I'll notify the Kodi developers.

Edited by MidnightWatcher
  • Like 1