PSE crashes but preview is working (except audio bumpers)

Question

Hi people!

I got the following two problems. I use Kodi v20 on a Xbox one X and PSE isnt working correctly.

- The Preview is working fine, excepte the audio format bumper. They are only played if I choose a specific file.. If I choose auto-select-mode, the audio bumper is just being skipped in the preview. So my question is, if there is a specific way, the files in the audio format bumpers must be named. I got different audio trailers in nearly effery folder, but nothing works.

- If i try to start a movie with preview, it only worked one time. But also without audio bumper. All the other times i can only see the "queue" menue and when I select the movie and my preshow it just crashes.

I tried to export the debug file, too. But Ive never done this before, so I hope its correct and somebody can help me out.

Greetings

preshow_debug.txt

2 answers to this question

• PreShow Supporter

Hello @marius I just took a look at the log and I see an error about empty files.  The one thing that i would think that could cause this is to ensure you have the context path set and then run the update content option right below it.  I'll confirm if there is a requirement for the audio bumpers to be a certain way.  I'll do some further testing of that locally.  It looks like your file has a audio stream of dtshd_ma is this the case?  Can you tell me how you currently have your files are named.  Also are you able to play that bumper in xbox itself?  If you were to browse to the folder and play the file does it play?  

Hi @DexDeadly! Tanks for looking at the log and helping me out.

Before I saw your message, I just installed Kodi on my Notebook with Win10 to see if get the same problem. But there, the bumpers were correctly detected and played (except DTS:X). Thats why I think it shouldnt be a problem with the naming of the bumpers..  Here are the filenames:

I tried a variety of filename formats for the bumpers, to find out if on of them may be correct:

DTSHD-MA - sfx-long.DTSHD7.1.mkv

DTSHD-MA -listen-x-long(4K)(DTSHD7.1).mkv

dts.sfx-short DTSHD7.1.mkv

conductor.TrueHD.Atmos.mkv

Dolby Atmos - Amaze (HD)(DA7.1).mkv

Leaf.DA7.1.mkv.mkv

Natures Fury.DD+.Atmos.mkv

Silent(DA7.1).mkv

Harvest.DTSHD7.1.mkv

Spheres-v2 DTHD7.1).mkv

All Around Us (DTSX7.1).mkv

Callout.2160p.DTSX7.1.mkv

Features.2160p.DTS-X.mkv

(Sadly on my notebook there were some struggles with trailers which dont appear on xbox, but thats another story. But if you want to get the logs, i can send them to you. Trailer audio was played for a few seconds but the display stayed black and then it crashed and i got back to the kodi menu.)

So back to xbox: content path is set and also updated.

It looks like your file has a audio stream of dtshd_ma is this the case?

Yes it has an dtshd-ma audiostream. At least the english one is in dtshd-ma. The other one is only DTS I think. I thought it might be because of several audio streams, so i tried a video with only one audio stream but that didnt work either.

Also are you able to play that bumper in xbox itself?

Yes, they play without problems.

But there is also good news: The second problem i reported got solved somehow.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:09 PM, marius said:

- If i try to start a movie with preview, it only worked one time. But also without audio bumper. All the other times i can only see the "queue" menue and when I select the movie and my preshow it just crashes.

Today, it doenst carsh anymore when i start a movie. But the problem with bumpers stay the same like if I start the preview in the PSE editor...

Greetings! (And a big Thank You for working on this project!)