Spooky Season

What's on everyone's watchlist for spooky season?
I'm starting out with a standard summer camp revenge flick The Burning (1981)
Will definitely watch at least a couple A Nightmare on Elm Street & Friday the 13th 
It's obligatory to watch some Halloween but always have trouble deciding which of the 3 timelines that start from Halloween (1978) I should go with https://thetvdb.com/lists/halloween-original-timeline https://thetvdb.com/lists/halloween-ends or https://thetvdb.com/lists/halloween-alternate-reality  (The continuity on this is worse than Terminator)
Idle Hands because for whatever reason I love this movie
Probably some Final Destination

But that won't fill 31 nights so recommend me your favourites.

• Like 1

I actually am on a podcast where we watch "terrible" horror movies.

We just finished up Monster in the Closet, House, and Sleepaway Camp.

We are getting ready to start

Sorority Babes at the Slimeball Bowl-A_Rama

Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death

and Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity

• Administrator

It's October with a Friday the 13th, so it's ultimate horror month for me.

I recently got 4ks of some classics, The Exorcist & The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, that I'm looking forward to watching.  I'm also looking forward to seeing Talk to Me.

18 hours ago, Polargeek said:

I'm watching the lesser spin-off series from Night of the Living Dead todayRusso's Return of.... series.  Romero's stuff was better but the cheese level is way higher in Russo's

Return is great.  Send more paramedics.

3 hours ago, starslayer74 said:

I actually am on a podcast where we watch "terrible" horror movies.

We just finished up Monster in the Closet, House, and Sleepaway Camp.

I wouldn't classify House and Sleepaway Camp as "terrible" horror movies.  They may not be great, but both are enjoyable movies. 

What's your opinion of the movies you mentioned?

17 hours ago, Matt said:

It's October with a Friday the 13th, so it's ultimate horror month for me.

I recently got 4ks of some classics, The Exorcist & The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, that I'm looking forward to watching.  I'm also looking forward to seeing Talk to Me.

Return is great.  Send more paramedics.

I wouldn't classify House and Sleepaway Camp as "terrible" horror movies.  They may not be great, but both are enjoyable movies. 

What's your opinion of the movies you mentioned?

Actually, I didn't classify either one as terrible either. But I guess a more accurate description is that we watch what would be considered "B" movies and then classify them as either Good or terrible.

I loved Sleepaway Camp, House was decent..... and Monster in The Closet was just dreadful. .... dang I should have just said "Listen to the podcast to find out" 🙂

• Administrator
3 hours ago, starslayer74 said:

Monster in The Closet was just dreadful

I just watched a trailer for it and it looked terrible.  It could be fun with the right audience though.  Some of my favorite movie experiences are of crap movies that inspire audience feedback. 

What's the link to your podcast?

20 hours ago, Matt said:

I just watched a trailer for it and it looked terrible.  It could be fun with the right audience though.  Some of my favorite movie experiences are of crap movies that inspire audience feedback. 

What's the link to your podcast?

It's called Art or Fart. We release one episode a month, just getting off the ground but we're trying to increase our production values and I feel like each episode gets a little better.

Today I watched Totally Killer on Prime not amazing but also not terrible.  Also the 2022 Texas Chainsaw Massacre meh/ok.

Razorback, Slotherhouse, Jason X (can't help myself), Death Ship and Pontypool also made the cut this week.  There were more but I can't remember them all.  

• Administrator

Nice.  I also watched Totally Killer and the original TCM.  Totally Killer was sort of funny for 80s comparison to today, but was just sort of middle of the road.  My wife had never seen TCM and after watching it I asked what the thought.  She said "There was a LOT of screaming."  I couldn't argue with her about that.

What has been your favorite things you've watched?