Hue Actions dont work on Shield

Question

Edit:

Nearly got it. I had the wrong username. The tutorial from CV helped me out. Also forgot an ":" after the "PUT"... But the "execute action on sequence resume" from the menu still is not working. It just says: "This action is not set or not yet applied".

And another issue that just appeared is that in the editor all my actions work fine, bute when i start a movie, the  first action file just instantly turns off the light instead of just dimming it.

Maybe someone has an idea, what the problem could be?

Hi!

Yesterday I got a Hue Bridge cause I wanted to get some action files in my preshow sequence, which dimm the light and stuff like that. The actions are the same format like the ones to download, just with the bridges ip adress and the name i got from the hue api debug site (dont remember the name).

When i try the commands on the hue api debugger site, everything works fine. But when i script them and transfer them on my Shield, i only get a lot of errors.

I run Kodi 20 on a Shield Tv Pro 2019.

Hopefully someone can help me out! would really be thankfull if someone could have a look on the error log.

Btw, sorry for just  posting photos. Dont know how to copy something from the shield...

Edited by marius

8 answers to this question

9 hours ago, marius said:

Edit:

Nearly got it. I had the wrong username. The tutorial from CV helped me out. Also forgot an ":" after the "PUT"... But the "execute action on sequence resume" from the menu still is not working. It just says: "This action is not set or not yet applied".

And another issue that just appeared is that in the editor all my actions work fine, bute when i start a movie, the  first action file just instantly turns off the light instead of just dimming it.

Maybe someone has an idea, what the problem could be?

Hi!

Yesterday I got a Hue Bridge cause I wanted to get some action files in my preshow sequence, which dimm the light and stuff like that. The actions are the same format like the ones to download, just with the bridges ip adress and the name i got from the hue api debug site (dont remember the name).

When i try the commands on the hue api debugger site, everything works fine. But when i script them and transfer them on my Shield, i only get a lot of errors.

I run Kodi 20 on a Shield Tv Pro 2019.

Hopefully someone can help me out! would really be thankfull if someone could have a look on the error log.

Btw, sorry for just  posting photos. Dont know how to copy something from the shield...

Can you show your action file that's giving you trouble?

Edited by NightWatcherTheater

While testing to write down where the problems are, I figured out that I had not only to "save" my sequence, but to "save as" it. This problem with actions only during the sequence editor is fixed (for details see below)

The problem with pause and resume actions is also fixed. (how to solve that, see below)

But two other bugs I recognized are that, if I want to choose the path of an action file on my external drive, i always have to go trough all the folders. Maybe it would be possible to just get "launched" in the actions folder?

And my only sequence which has the auto-select button turned on is shown in the queue menu as selected, but is only played if i go into the sequence list from the queue menu and relect it. Otherwise, even if its shown as selected, the default.2d sequence is getting played. My workaround is to modify the default.2d sequence as my prefered sequence cause it seems to be the one which is selected if i dont reselect my other sequence even it is shown in the queue menu as selected...

Second edit: guess this will solve the second bug:

I thought maybe someone is gonna have the same problems. So here is what i did and how the problems gut solved:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Testing the actions in PSE editor:
- every action works as it should

Playing PSE Seuquence before a movie and letting it run through; settings: pause, resume and abort are on:
- first action (Einlass), second (Werbung) action, third (Trailer) action and fourth (Audio bumper) dont work
- if I pause the movie during a video bumper (which means, that lights are still on) nothing happens; if i pause when lights are out, also nothing happens, but they should get turnes on
- if i resume the movie then, lights go out as they should while pausing and resuming during the movie
- if i abort the movie or sequence, the lights go on (thats what they should: Ende Film action)
- if i skip a video bumper during the pse sequence, the lights go out (what they shouldnt)
-

Testing pause, resume and abort actions form PSE menu:
- resume action and abort action work fine
- EDIT Solution: while testing and writing this, this Problem got solved somehow. Seems like i has to pause the sequence during playing it from PSE menu. Now it works. Orgiginal: pause action doenst work and PSE says: "This action is not set or not applied." I also tried ou other action files and it slways gives me the same message.

Playing Sequence in the PSE editor menu (with pause, resume and abort off):
-first, second, third, fourth and and fith action work fine, no matter if i skip, pause or do whatever with a video bumper

Playing Sequence in the PSE editor menu (with pause, resume and abort on):
- everything also works fine

now that pause and resume worked, I tried it again during the squence playing before a movie:
- pause action and abort action are working
- resume doenst work (but i changed it from a specific file to the last action file which was played)
- first to fith action dont work, I think thats the reason why the resume action also doenst work, if its called to be the last action from the sequence

Fixed: had not only to "save" it, but to "save as". Now it works, but only if I reselect the sequence from the qeue menu. Even if its automatically selected, i have to go to the list with my sequences and reselect it. Otherwise it doenst work somehow. Thats not such a big problem, cause Im glad it even works. But because Id like to hide the queue menu, it would be nice if someone could have a look at this

Edited by marius

I just tested and got the "This action is not set or not yet applied" when setting an action in the settings (not sequence editor).

I then clicked OK to exit the settings

Then I went back in and it worked as expected. 

I hadn't re-setup my actions since i did a wipe and I also had a similar error happen when I ticked the box to add an action in the settings. The greyed out links wouldn't activate to allow selection but I clicked Ok, then returned and it was now selectable.

It seems like the save and update action on these buttons is only happening on click of "ok" instead on the select for the tick box / or selecting the path for the action. 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, garzilla said:

I just tested and got the "This action is not set or not yet applied" when setting an action in the settings (not sequence editor).

I then clicked OK to exit the settings

Then I went back in and it worked as expected. 

This is how it is supposed to work.

I'll look at it in the sequence editor and queue editor when I get a chance.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 5:42 PM, garzilla said:

My scripts from both sources are running as expected. 

@Stovies do they run when you hit "test"?

@garzilla They do.  What I think is happening is the standard 2D script launches automatically, regardless of what personal script is selected when you switch off the selection screen.

On 4/3/2023 at 7:14 AM, Stovies said:

@garzilla They do.  What I think is happening is the standard 2D script launches automatically, regardless of what personal script is selected when you switch off the selection screen.

Turn on the selection screen. Whatever pre-populates in the box is what the auto selector has scored as the best match. 

I have a default 2d that has all my lighting and generic preferences in it. It is set to auto select and all conditions say "any". This sequence is selected if the movie doesn't match any of my other sequences. 

Edited by garzilla