PreShow not displaying "rating: before feature

Question

Hi All,

I'm not sure if we are supposed to be discussing issues here or on the discord channel.  For now I'll proceed here.  I have installed PreShow and it seems to be working well, however, it is not displaying the rating screen prior to the move.  This does work fine in Cinemavision.  I have tried both importing a sequence from CV and creating a new sequence in PSE.  I have included some log exerts below.  Please let me know what else you might need to help resolve this problem.

Some log exerts follow:

12:33:52.840 T:30989    info <general>: [- PreShow Experience -]: Language: en-
2023-02-04 12:33:52.840 T:30989    info <general>: [- PreShow Experience -] (API): Default rating system: 3
2023-02-04 12:33:52.840 T:30989    info <general>: [- PreShow Experience -]: Rating from Kodi: Rated PG-13
2023-02-04 12:33:52.842 T:30989    info <general>: [- PreShow Experience -]: Experience: CODEC (2 Fast 2 Furious): dtshd_ma (6 channels) 

2023-02-04 12:33:52.972 T:30989    info <general>: [- PreShow Experience -]: FEATURE [ 2 Fast 2 Furious ]:
                                                       Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Media Library/Video Library/Blu-Rays/2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)/2 Fast 2 Furious (2003).mkv
                                                       Rating: 
                                                       Year: 2003
                                                       Studios: Universal Pictures
                                                       Directors: John Singleton
                                                       Cast: Paul Walker, Tyrese Gibson, Eva Mendes, Ludacris, Cole Hauser, James Remar, Devon Aoki, Thom Barry, Amaury Nolasco, Michael Ealy, Jin Au-Yeung, Mark Boone Junior, Mo Gallini, Roberto 'Sanz' Sanchez, John Cenatiempo, Eric Etebari, Neal H. Moritz, Edward Finlay, Troy Brown, Corey Michael Eubanks, Sammy Maloof, Troy Robinson, Sincerely A. Ward, Nievecita Dubuque, Mateo Herreros, Kerry Rossall, Marc Macaulay, Tony Bolano, Marianne M. Arreaga, Tara Carroll, Tamara Jones
                                                       Genres: Action, Crime, Thriller
                                                       Tags: 
                                                       3D: No
                                                       Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio

14 answers to this question

I was going to post here originally but the description for this forum sounded like it  was for general questions and not issues.  Please let me know if there is anything else you need to try and resolve the issue. I’m ready to try any fix you may come up with.

Thanks for bringing this back to life!

• PreShow Supporter

@hslanskyI noticed that I didn't get a ratings bumper when I did a first run through. However I went back and realized I never hit update content after doing the import.  Once I did that and did a play through it showed my ratings bumper.  However, I did see in your log snippet the 0 as a default rating system.  I have been able to resolve that and will have that in an upcoming release.  Can you confirm by running update content again in the settings that your ratings work?  I will add this step to the import instructions.  

@MattI do have ratings folders set up in the PSE content path.  I use the same structure as used by Cinemavision.  The directory structure is as follows:

Pre-Show Experience Files

• Actions
  • Audio Format Bumpers
    • audio format bumper directories
  • Rating Bumpers
    • MPAA
      • MPAA Classic
      • MPAA Vintage

There are other folders in there; this is just a few.  Does PSE use the same folder names as CV?

• Administrator

@hslansky This version mimics everything in CV so that you can get up and running without any significant changes.  We are still testing an issue where if you have videos and no images, but only want images that it doesn't use the default images.  It is working if you have videos and want videos after confirming your settings.

@MattThat's what I thought.  I basically copied over my entire CV directory structure on the Pre-Show Experience Files directory.  All of the MPAA ratings files are mp4 and the ratings screen comes up when you do PLAY from the sequence editor menu, just not for a real movie.  My Ratings settings are: 

• Default Rating System: MPAA
  • Rating Bumper: Video
  • Rating style selection: Random

If I try setting Rating style selection to Stye; when I try to select a style I get the error:  No content found for current rating system

I would have expected to see four options: MPAA Classic; MPAA Colors; MPAA Retro; MPAA Vintage.

• PreShow Supporter

@hslansky Maybe this is just a typo from you typing it but do you have your folder as Rating or Ratings.  Mine and Matts are Ratings so I'm curious if we just have a simple typo here?  Also the options you mention for the type will be fixed in a release were getting ready to put out where I fixed the issue with the ratings default not showing as I mentioned before.  

HI All,  Ratings appears to be working properly. Or at least the same as in CV.  There is an issue with movies which have a certification/rating of "Approved" as showing a ratings card of "Rated R".  The same thing happens with CV.  This seems to be for older movies.  Would it make sense, be possible, to show them as "Not Rated"?

2 hours ago, DexDeadly said:

@hslanskyGlad to hear you are working with the latest release.  Let me review how this Approved is handled in the system and see how we might wanna resolve it.  

There are other possible rating values as well that may fall into the same situation such as Approved, Not Rated, Passed.  In addition, there are all of the TV ratings: TV-G, TV-PG, TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-14, TV-MA.  I am sure there are probably others that I personally have not seen.