Credits Action don't work

Question

Hi,

First, thank's for this wonderful addon !

I try to improve the cinema experience and the new action on last chapter/credit can be perfect to turn on lights.

Unfortunatly, even if the action work when i test it in the settings, it don't work when i launch a preshow experience sequence.

15 answers to this question

• Administrator

Please share a log so I can see what's going on.

To share a log, close out of Kodi and then reopen it.

Recreate the issue, then go into the PreShow settings and scroll down in the general tab until you see "paste my kodi.log to pastebin."  Click that and then click "current."  Next, click Show QR code and use your phone to get the link to the pastebin page.

You can either share that in this thread or send me a direct message through the site with it.

• PreShow Supporter
7 hours ago, KHC said:

Hi,

First, thank's for this wonderful addon !

I try to improve the cinema experience and the new action on last chapter/credit can be perfect to turn on lights.

Unfortunatly, even if the action work when i test it in the settings, it don't work when i launch a preshow experience sequence.

It may sound trivial, but make sure the movie contains chapters as well. You'll also need to make sure you're playing video with Kodi's built-in videoplayer (and not an external player for videos).

Thanks for your answer !

When i click "current" for the log i get a red cross with an error.

And i looked, i have chapters in the movie. I never changed the built-in videoplayer, is there a way to be sure i use the default Kodi videoplayer ?

• PreShow Supporter
11 hours ago, KHC said:

Thanks for your answer !

When i click "current" for the log i get a red cross with an error.

Hmm, try another skin. I use Arctic Zephyr Reloaded and am able to upload logs (using a Windows 10 PC with Kodi 21 Omega).

• PreShow Supporter
10 hours ago, KHC said:

And i looked, i have chapters in the movie. I never changed the built-in videoplayer, is there a way to be sure i use the default Kodi videoplayer ?

It will use Kodi's built in videoplayer by default. If you don't have an external player intentionally configured then you're OK.

I tried with the same skin you have but had the same red cross with an error when i try to do the log...

Is it possible that the action on last chapter don't work because i move forward the movie just before the last chapter begin ?

• Administrator

The only issue that I know with the log upload is if you don't restart Kodi before doing the action and creating the log.  Pastebin has a size limit and won't accept larger files.

You can also install Kodi Logfile Uploader from the Programs section of the Kodi repository and send me a link to the log file showing when you experience the issue.

• Administrator

@KHC I am still trying to figure out your issue.  I'll respond back at a later date.

@omarobyI didn't see your log in discord.  I tested the credits action on my Nvidia Shield many times and had no problems with the release version.  Share the log and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

• Like 1

Thanks !

I tried with the dev version, now the action work when i run the test button in the settings, but the action don't work when i am at the last chapter of the movie...

• Administrator

@KHCthanks for reporting back.  I will add a few additional debug lines to the next dev version to try to figure out what's going on with your system.

I'll PM you when it is ready so that we can discuss in more detail.

• Like 1