Kodi 20.5 preshow 0.30 needs help

Question

Hello, I speak German and try to describe my problem in English. I have Kodi 20.5 with preshow 0.30.

If I take video bumpers and theater intro a file via single file, it plays all the files it contains. not the only file I want to take. I hope you can understand my problem.

Thanks

20 answers to this question

• Administrator

Hello @acid303

I'm not seeing this behavior.  Can you send me a log file?

To share a log, close out of Kodi and then reopen it.

Play the sequence where you are having the issue, or do whatever to recreate the issue.

Then go into the PreShow settings and scroll down in the general tab until you see "paste my kodi.log to pastebin."  Click that and then click "current."  Next, click Show QR code and use your phone to get the link to the pastebin page.

You can either share that in this thread or send me a direct message through the site with it.

Posted (edited)

@marius vielen dank. da bin ich schon mal erleichtert, dass du deutsch sprichst. also das problem liegt daran, wenn ich z.b ein theater intro erstelle gehe ich zum video bumpers, dann bei edit auf single file und wähle das intro aus. wenn ich ein test mache auf play spielt er nicht das einzige file ab sondern alles darin enthaltene intros. ich habe mehrere in den ordner theater intro liegen. so ist das immer, dass alle darin enthaltene files abgespielt werden. wenn dann alle files fertig gespielt sind fängt das wieder von vorne an. zum system ein himedia q10pro mit kodi 20.5. wenn du wissen möchtest warum ich nicht auf omega update, dass liegt an 3d iso. bis 20.5 geht das noch. ab 21 nicht mehr. danke schon mal im voraus.

Edited by acid303

• Administrator

In the log I can see that your sequence should play:

• 1 single file: Auf.mp4
  • 1 single file: Jetzt kommt die Werbung.mp4
  • 3 videos from the directory: Intermission
  • 1 single file: Das war die Werbung.mp4

Does that match what you are seeing in your sequence?

It looks like the sequence ended after playing "Auf.mp4."  I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.  Can you play the entire sequence and send me a new log file?  Also, you can just send the pastebin link if that is quicker for you.

Posted (edited)

hi, that doesn't work. As soon as I press play it plays everything in the theater intro even though I only selected one file. When it's finished, it starts again from the beginning. I can't get to the next video bumpers, now comes the advertising.

Edited by acid303

• Administrator

I am unable to recreate this issue.

Can you please share your sequence file and a new log file of it playing your entire sequence?

@marius Can you please help me figure out if there's something else that I'm missing or not understanding here?

Hi, sorry I was busy the last days.

@MattAcid303 wants to play a single file from the "theater intro"-folder. But in this folder there are many videos and everytime he tries to test his Preshow, every video gets played instead of the via "play single file" option choosen one. As soon as every video was played, it starts with the first one again. (I guess that is the reason why he had to abort it in the logfile.)

He uses a Himedia q10 pro with Kodi 20.5.

@acid303 Hi, sorry für die späte Antwort. Ich habe dein Problem übersetzt und glaube, dass es ein Bug ist. Welche PSE Version nutzt du denn? Kodi 20.5 sollte kein Problem darstellen, das nutze ich auch. Werde gleich mal PSE aktualisieren und schauen, ob der Fehler bei mir auch auftritt, wenn ich eine einzelne Datei auswähle

• Like 1

• Administrator

Thanks for the additional info @acid303 and thank you for the translation @marius.

The log file only shows 1 file being played, and no errors within PreShow. I've tested this in Android, PC & MAC, and none of them had issues playing a singe file.  I don't own a Himedia q10 pro, so I can't test that.

The 1 thing that I see is that it uses an external player, hu.xmister.xbmcwrapper.  My first suggestion is to turn that off and see if the sequence plays with the default player.

The next thing is make sure a content folder has been set in the settings and put the files into the default PreShow content folders.

Put Auf.mp4 in Theater Intro.

Put Jetzt kommt die Werbung.mp4 in Sponsors.

Put the videos currently in intermission in Commercials.

Put Das war die Werbung.mp4 in Theater Outro.

Then the sequence should be:

• Theater Intro - Count 1
  • Sponsors - Count 1
  • Commercials - Count 3
  • Theater Outro - Count 1
  • Feature

Make sure those folder don't have any extra files in them.

Let me know the results.  

• Administrator

Google translate ...

Danke für die zusätzlichen Infos@ säure303 und danke für die Übersetzung@Marius.

Die Protokolldatei zeigt nur die Wiedergabe einer Datei und keine Fehler in PreShow. Ich habe dies auf Android, PC und MAC getestet und keiner von ihnen hatte Probleme beim Abspielen einer einzelnen Datei. Ich besitze kein  Himedia q10 pro, daher kann ich das nicht testen.

Das Einzige, was ich sehe, ist, dass es einen externen Player verwendet, hu.xmister.xbmcwrapper. Mein erster Vorschlag ist, diesen auszuschalten und zu sehen, ob die Sequenz mit dem Standardplayer abgespielt wird.

Stellen Sie als Nächstes sicher, dass in den Einstellungen ein Inhaltsordner festgelegt wurde, und legen Sie die Dateien in den standardmäßigen PreShow-Inhaltsordnern ab.

Put Auf.mp4 in Theater Intro.

Put Jetzt kommt die Werbung.mp4 in Sponsors.

Platzieren Sie die Videos, die sich derzeit in der Werbepause befinden, in der Werbepause.

Put Das war die Werbung.mp4 in Theater Outro.

Dann sollte die Reihenfolge sein:

• Theater-Intro - Zählung 1
  • Sponsoren - Anzahl 1
  • Werbespots - Anzahl 3
  • Theater Outro - Anzahl 1
  • Besonderheit

Stellen Sie sicher, dass diese Ordner keine zusätzlichen Dateien enthalten.

Teilen Sie mir die Ergebnisse mit.  

9 hours ago, acid303 said:

@marius vielen dank für das übersetzten. was meinst du mit pse version.? ok, du meinst preshow damit bestimmt. ja habe die 0.30 von hier.

Genau, hatte zu spät gesehen dass es ja im Titel steht...

Also ich denke Matts Anweisungen sind relativ verständlich, oder?

- den externen Player in den Kodi Einstellungen versuchen auszuschalten

- in den PSE Einstellungen einen Content Folder festlegen (dort drin werden alle Unterordner erstellt)

- in die jeweiligen Unterordner jeweils nur das eine Video ablegen, dass du wiedergeben möchtest und in den Einstellung die Anzahl auf 1 bzw 3 setzen

Probier das mal aus, ich drücke die Daumen!

• Like 1

Thank you for the info. It depends on the external player. If I use the internal player, everything works. Unfortunately, the internal player cannot play Dolby Atmos. That's why I used the wrapper externally. Now I have to see how I can play back atmos with the internal player. Now I have another question. Is there a way to remove the loading circuit so that the videos don't always load first.

• Administrator

You may be able to turn the external player off and on again so that the preshow uses the internal and the movie plays with the external.  Here are instructions and action files for Zidoo, which may work for you:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the hint. I followed your instructions exactly. Unfortunately it does not work. I don't have a zidoo, just the himedio q10 pro. Himedia has an apk called Wrapper. This will start the external player with an xml file. I can only play all three sound formats with the player. The internal video player works again on pse but cannot play atmos.

9 hours ago, acid303 said:

Is there a way to remove the loading circuit so that the videos don't always load first.

Du musst dafür die DialogBusy Datei in deiner Kodi Skin bearbeiten. Heimkinopraxis.de hat dafür eine Anleitung.

Bei manchen der zur Verfügung gestellten Skins ist es auch schon gemacht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I would still like to thank you for your help. I hope I can still manage that. I still have a pi4 so I could look with Kodi 20.5. The only question is again whether 3D ISO is still running.

It's a really great program you've developed there. Thank you for that. I have one more question. Is it possible to also access German trailers? or is it possible to integrate this into a new version?

Edited by acid303

• Administrator
On 6/21/2024 at 4:28 AM, acid303 said:

Is it possible to also access German trailers?

Unfortunately neither of the current trailer scrapers have ways to get non-english language trailers.  The only option would be create a new scraper, which isn't something I have the time to do.