A few observations from a long time user.

Question

Finally moving the media servers I manage forward to Kodi v20/21 and moving over from CinemaVision to PSE. Doing some testing so far I've found a few issues.

First, trivia cannot be skipped. This isn't running on a shield it's in Windows 10.

Second local trailers do not scrape and therefor do not work.

Third, I believe there was a fix for this before but between each video the "working" pop-up gets annoying and would be great to have that hidden.

Fourth along the same line if the feature to be played is on a hard drive that is currently sleeping by the time the sequence gets to playing the main feature you are greeted with a long pause while the drive wakes up. Would be great to advance que the feature and get that drive up and running while the sequence plays out.

Fifth through multiple tests I've had some skips over one segment for cartoon shorts. Not sure why as they are on the same HDD as the movie trailers folder (not local database trailers) which haven't failed to play.

Happy to see the spirit of CE live on and will continue testing different sequences. Haven't delved into the 3D side yet or the actions to control Z-Wave scenes. 

8 answers to this question

• PreShow Supporter

I skip Trivia with Page Up on the keyboard.

I use local trailers without any issues.

I don't get the "Working" pop up between each video.

Other issues don't affect me either. Bottom line is with some skin/settings tweaking it should be working the way you like in no time.

The Page Up to skip trivia doesn't work at all. Believe me I've tried many, many times. It did in CV no problem.

I use local trailers just fine. I should have been more clear, local trailers for media in the Kodi database don't scrape like they did in CV and then don't playback for that module.

It's the local cartoon shorts module that sometimes skips for some reason. Also hoping it may be possible for directory based modules to be able to access sub-directories (I'd like to sort my cartoons by studio).

The working pop-up is there after each segment. Not sure if that's a skin thing (custom Kodi skin I've been building for a decade) or something else.

• Administrator

What version of PreShow are you using?

The "working" pop-up is skin related.  You can download 1 of the skins in the downloads section to remove that.

23 hours ago, Matt said:

What version of PreShow are you using?

The "working" pop-up is skin related.  You can download 1 of the skins in the downloads section to remove that.

Version 0.2.5 which I believe I found on the site here?

What in the skin causes the working popup? I use a custom skin that isn't available to the public and can update it to remove this popup if I know where I'm looking for it and what to fix.

23 hours ago, Matt said:

I think this post has the skin details:

Found the required change to hide the working box. Thanks!

Still can't skip trivia and pagedown used to skip backwards through the CV sequence but will only jump back to the beginning of the current module.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, KodiUser1138 said:

Still can't skip trivia and pagedown used to skip backwards through the CV sequence but will only jump back to the beginning of the current module.

I am going to be working on how sequences work in the future and will check this out then.  There is a setting to map another button on the shield remote to advance the trivia.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

I am going to be working on how sequences work in the future and will check this out then.  There is a setting to map another button on the shield remote to advance the trivia.

I don't use Shield. I use WIndows 10 PCs.