Having trouble

Hi I am loving that there is a new pre-show option that has updated the prior cinema vision. I am however running into some problems. First I have set up the sequences in the editor and I have random trailer intros that it plays from a directory. I also have a technology bumper which is a single file, it then goes to audio format which is also a directory of random audio format files. I have a trailer option which selects the newest trailers based on genre and rating of feature.

The problem it's skipping certain things at random, so I test it and it will play my Concessions intro and then skip trailer intro and go to play trailers. It seems to not be pulling new trailers every time, it just keeps playing the same 2 no matter how many times I test it. Then it skips my technology bumper at random and sometimes skips the audio format bumper and goes right to the feature. How do I fix this?

I had cinema vision in the past and have all my files in the cinema vision directory. I set source folder in general settings to its own folder named pre-show. I'm wondering if I should have set everything to the cinema vision folder, but I'm afraid to do that because it seems to create folders in the beginning and I don't want it to delete my files stored in the cinema vision folder. I need to know the best way to configure and also fix the skipping of sequences at random times. Thank you for your help in advance. 

• PreShow Supporter

So if I understand correctly, you have a cinemavision folder containing all of your videos, AND you let PreShow create its default folder scheme? If that is the case, I would copy the respective files into the corresponding folders in the PreShow directory so you can keep a copy of everything as you had it. Then make sure you rescan the new content in, then try running your sequence(s).

• Administrator

Share a log file and I can try to figure out what's going on.

Trailers should be set to random and not  ewest.  The old addon would mark trailers as watched if you preview/test them, which Preshow doesn't do.  So if you have it set to newest it will always show the same newest trailers in your tests.  That's the expected behavior.  They should get marked as watched when you show them before a feature though.

What system do you use?  My Mac has copied over files that PreShow doesn't know isn't an expected file (.bumer.mp4 along with bumper.mp4).  I'm not sure if that's what's going on or not though.

I will have to see if I can get the log. It's odd when I first set it up and was testing it I was able to get it to play my theater policy folder which has about 8 different files in it. I had it set to directory and random to play a different file each time. They are all mp4 files. Then I went back to edit stuff and it won't play them or even recognize them if I change it to single file. So maybe the addon won't play mp4 files which sucks. It has no problem with avi or mkv. I will try what you suggested with the trailers and see if that works. Thanks for the reply.