PreShow 3.0a not scraping KodiDB trailers properly

Question

Hey guys, long time lurker and user of PSE - absolutely immense addon. But I've been having issues scraping in trailers within the Kodi database since the V3 alpha dropped (tried in both Kodi 20 and Kodi 21, same issues on both), and as a result it's broken what are pretty authentic sequences I've been building in the addon. I've attached a log to hopefully help diagnose the problem. Cheers in advance!

kodi.log

4 answers to this question

• PreShow Supporter
Posted (edited)

I used the previous PE in 20.5 with no issue(in regard to Kodi db Trailers). I just recently upgraded to 21 and installed the 3.0a and experienced the same. I have been trying to figure it out for a bit now. In the settings of PE, its listed as Kodi(youtube) under sources. I have Trailers(locally saved) in 99.9% of my collection, but I also have youtube links included in the nfo's. PE is not pulling either. On testing/previewing, it will black screen and dump back to the editor. I also couldn't seem to get the debugging toggle to stick, plus I am currently at work... so no log.

Edited by Epitaph
Clarification

• Administrator

The kodi trailer issue was reported in the discord ane has been fixed. I am testing a couple other things that have been reported and will post an update for it as soon as I can.

• PreShow Supporter
Posted (edited)

I mentioned youtube only because of the wording in the settings. My media manager automatically pulls in the youtube links but I do not actually use them. I prefer my own trailers being local. Looking forward to the update. Thanks

Edited by Epitaph