PSE-Content on USB-Drive or HDD attached to Zidoo Z9X Pro

Hello!
I'm a Newbee to all of this of PSE.

Years ago I found CinemaVision in some forums, but I gave it up after the problems with newer versions of Kodis... - So I'm so glad having found PSE for my Zidoo Z9X Pro with Kodi 20 (ZDMC 20.2). It's working at last (after I recognised that I have to have a skin supporting PSE... 😉 ).

Now I have to tune it a little bit, but the main work is done.

Only one (I hope so...) last point is left making troubles. 🤨 Maybe here is one PSE-Pro who can help me:
My content of bumpers is stored on a HDD attached directly to the Zidoo-Player by SATA, because my network won't handle the traffic of some of the trailers... they stutter...

Unfortunately it seems, PSE only accepts paths for its content on network-drives. My NAS is set up by a SMB-connection to Kodi. Bumpers on the NAS are being found...

How can I manage to make PSE using the HDD (shown as "USB" in Kodi)?
Is there a workaround in Kodi?
Or is it possible to implement local drives in PSE for its content?

Thanks so much!

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany - Robert

• Administrator

Go into Kodi's settings and click "File Manager."  Then "Add source" and select your USB hard drive.  See if that will make it show up as a location option in PreShow.

Somehow I could only add network drives...
But the Zidoo Player can activate a SMB-Server: So I add the attached HDD as a network drive of its own SMB-Server. It works...
Maybe not a nice workaround but even usable by other devices in my network 🙂

• Administrator

Glad that you figured out how to make it work.  The content folders use Kodi's built-in path functionality, so it isn't something that I really have any control over.