Force Kodi to run PSE

Hi,

I am using the skin Copacetic on the latest version of Kodi. Is there a way of forcing PSE to start when ever a movie is started? If you create sub menus the option to run PSE is not there, it only works in certain menu systems.

I think that the old Cinema Experience you could do this, but been a long time since I used that. 

Copacetic is fantastic as a dedicated cinema skin rather than a general media player such as Artic Horizon.

I am not sure if this is possible or not, but I would love to do this on this particular skin, rather than having to go to information and then running it from the menu.

Cheers for any help given.

Regards

Mark

• Administrator

Oh, hi Mark!

I tried to download Copacetic from this link, but it didn't work.  Do you know if there is a different link for it, other than downloading the repo?

It is possible with some skins to add a button for PreShow, or you can launch it from the context menu.  It can't be automatically launched in place of just a movie though.  

Hi, thanks for the reply,

I think that the repo is the only way that you can get it https://realcopacetic.github.io/

Skin page : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373114

The skin in my eyes is really the best for a dedicated home cinema set up, it would look amazing on a cinema screen and it is the closest that you have to a decent cinema experience. All the other skins are pretty much the same as each other, functional but not very attractive.

I just checked on Artic Horizon 2 and that is very bad for PSE, you need to go into the A to Z and similar folders before it shows, if you go to information it is not an option, but that is possibly down to the skinner not including it maybe?

It is just a shame that the Kodi team did not have the vision that some people might want the cinema experience in their living room on special occasions. I have multiple set ups of Kodi and Copacetic is for my 4K blockbuster movies. It sucks for larger collections.

Regards

Mark