Nvidia shield pro - context menu issue

Question

Hi everyone.

Beginner here. I managed to install preshow on my shield. Also installed both the modified rapier skin and the aeon knox skin. No matter what I do, with either skins, I can't get the context menu to show any options to launch a sequence from preshow experience. 

I tried searching around for answes, but I can't find anything adressing this issue.

I am using the shield remote.

Thank you in advance! Any help is much appreciated.

6 answers to this question

• Administrator

If you go into your movies you can long press the ok button on the shield remote to bring up the context menu.  From there, select PreShow Experience. 

context.jpg

if you are using the skins, you need to go into the information screen and select first icon.

aeonnox.jpg

7 hours ago, Matt said:

If you go into your movies you can long press the ok button on the shield remote to bring up the context menu.  From there, select PreShow Experience. 

context.jpg

if you are using the skins, you need to go into the information screen and select first icon.

aeonnox.jpg

Thanks Matt.

Preshow experience doesn't display in the context menu. I get all the options as in your screenshot, except for the two bottom ones (manage and preshow exp.)

Also, I don't have access to any information screen? I see a list of the files on my harddrive (local harddrive connected directly to the shield).

Did I miss any plugins? Do I need a different configuration for the skin or the preshow plugin? So far I've installed the preshow experience, and two skins from here. Nothing else. Running Kodi 20.1.

Sorry - I am an idiot.

I only ever used basic functions of Kodi. I solved the problem. My issue was that I never told Kodi to scrape my harddrive and where to locate my movie content. That solved the issue.

Thank you for your work on Preshow Experience - awesome add-on. Some video tutorials would be great - I think I am getting the hang of it now though.

Happy easter.

• Like 1

I'm too having the same issue on the Shield, I installed preshow, but I don't get the last two menus when I hold down the select button.  Is there a "turn on" option somewhere? Also what Kodi Skin are you running on your screen shots?