PreShow Experience 0.3.0.a2 not running correct on Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017

Question

Maybe this will help a bit. I tested PreShow Experience 0.3.0.a2 on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 and Kodi 21 Omega with Skin: Estuary for PreShow Experience in Kodi 21 Omega 1.0.0.

I wanted to test the "Execute Action at last Chapter" function for a few films. Unfortunately, the version didn't work on the Shield and caused Kodi to freeze shortly after I activated PSE. Kodi stopped, then continued to run after 1-2 minutes and froze again, etc. The whole thing didn't run smoothly. Even actions like the curtain up were delayed.

After I reinstalled version 0.2.5, everything ran like clockwork again.

5 answers to this question

• Administrator

The functionality has completed been rewritten.  I've tested it a lot on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 using Kodi 21 Omega with Estuary and haven't seen any significant issues.  

• Administrator

I meant that it has been revised since the previously released version and I haven't encountered any issues on my shield with the new code.  The updated code will be in the next release.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'll try it on my Shield TV Pro again this weekend. Maybe it was a coincidence. Maybe a problem with the movie I selected. I'll definitely give feedback.

Today I tested it on my little Nvidia Shield TV. Same configuration. When I selected PSE everything was grayed out. see image attached. When I go back to version 0.2.5 it worked. Don´t know why?

IMG_3361.JPEG

Edited by Dreamaxx Premium Cinema

• Administrator

Thanks for pointing that out.  That's an error that I've fixed in the upcoming version, and ironically was coming here to post something about it.  There was an issue with the default sequence.