Trailers in movie folders

I am using tinymediamanager to scrape my movies and pull down trailers locally. However, each trailer is pulled down into the movies folder.

My current directory structure is this

NAS://media/Movies
NAS://media/preshow/Trailers

Trailers for each movie show up in

NAS://media/Movies/<MovieName>/trailers/trailer.mp4

Is there anyway to have the preshow experience display only these trailers, maybe recursively based off file format, or another syntax with wildcards?

Sorry, posted in this in the wrong forum.

Also, in the mean time I'll just write a shell script that places it into the appropriate place but would be nice to have under a single space within the preshow

• Administrator

PreShow will only play the trailers that are streamed or in the content's trailer folder.  You can also select another folder for trailers, or any video, with a video bumper set to directory.  There currently isn't any way to selective pick certain files in those folders though.  I may look into any option for that.

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

PreShow will only play the trailers that are streamed or in the content's trailer folder.  You can also select another folder for trailers, or any video, with a video bumper set to directory.  There currently isn't any way to selective pick certain files in those folders though.  I may look into any option for that.

Thanks for quick reply. I suppose this makes more sense to be a problem on tinymediamanager but is easily solved with a shell script, just not everyone has access to something like that. I was able to setup a cron task that migrates every file from the movie folder into the single trailer folder under the preshow directory and now everything works great!