PSE Content Path on NAS - can’t add

Question

I’ve tried NFS and SMB on my synology NAS. Unfortunately, it won’t allow me to add the path on any of my external devices. So, for example - as long as I’m running PSE / Kodi on my Mac Mini - I can point directly to the folder and everything functions. If I go to any of my NVidia Shield TVs or Firecubes - no dice. I’m trying to keep my files and sequences on my NAS so all of my devices have access to them and any changes I make since I have some rather complex actions at play. Any advice? Any chance of allowing a manual input of the path? That would probably solve it on my end - if you can tell me where the path is stored - I could test it out if you like.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Found it under userdata/addondata — made the change to my NFS path manually and it works. Matt - any chance to get a manual path entry on the addon since it appears that Kodi’s path browser isn’t working right with NFS?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Administrator

Here's something you can try:

Go into Kodi's settings and click "File Manager."  Then "Add source."  SMB works easily for me, but for NFS I have to do "Add network location" and configure the link manually.  It adds that at the root level across directories.

I may be able to give an export/import option to the settings so that people can change settings if needed.