Trailers stuttering, freezing then crashing

Question

Hello,

I love this addon but I cannot get it to work properly for me. I have a simple setup with a random intro video, three trailers, audio bumpers, then the feature. My problem lies with the trailers.

Whenever I run PSE, it plays the intro video then attempts trailer playback. However, this stutters, then freezes mid-frame, then it simply crashes the trailer and tries again with the next one. This happens so often that I have temporarily abandoned the addon until I can work out what's causing this and fix it.

My YouTube addon and my InputStream adaptive are all up-to-date and my playback device is a Vero 4k+, running OSMC on Linux. For PSE, I am running the newly released 0.2.5, but this happened with versions going back to 0.2.0.

My system can stream YouTube videos in 4k so I am mystified as to what is happening. Any help greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

• Administrator

What trailer scraper are you using, IMDB or TMDB?  TMDB uses YouTube and IMDB loads from an MP4 file.  

Select 1 of the scapers and the other and see if you have issues with both or if 1 will work for you.  They are both playing fine for me on a few different systems, so I'm not really sure what is the cause of the problem. 

Please let me know the results from testing both scrapers.

Posted (edited)

Thank you @Matt I also posted in the forums for my hardware device, and they alerted me that the YouTube addon sometimes likes to use the AV1 codec. I disabled that in InputStream adaptive and that has fixed this problem for me. I was using the TMDB scraper.

Edited by Ankle